Position Title: Program Officer
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Organization: PREVENTION at The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre (TRCARC) in Bangkok, Thailand, is an organization under the umbrella of the Thai Red Cross Society. We provide outstanding HIV and AIDS services, conduct innovative research, and train health care practitioners around HIV and AIDS.
Job Summary:PREVENTION at the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre (TRCARC) is looking for a qualified person for the Program Officer position. The incumbent specifically provides broad program management, research implementation and coordination support as well as technical and programmatic supports within PREVENTION team and implementing partners around health and HIV research among key populations. She/he will develop and implement capacity building plan, strategy and activities, design, implement, monitor and evaluate targeted interventions and activities to support in pioneering and accelerating HIV research as well as enhancing the uptake and utilization of clinical research and data to inform and improve the delivery and quality of HIV prevention, care and treatment services as well as the development of sound public health and HIV-related policies at all levels.
- To assist the Program Coordinator in coordinating with local, national, and international stakeholders including all community-based organizations (CBOs), government agencies and other relevant partners to ensure smooth operation of project and research activities.
- To support the development, review and monitoring of annual work plans and budgets for the project.
- To provide programmatic supports in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, scientific papers, and interventions for research projects as appropriate.
- To monitor and to maintain protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- To coordinate with technical, program, finance and operation staff to ensure smooth and well-coordinated project implementation.
- To assist the Program Coordinator to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable TRCARC and donors’ rules and regulations.
- To maintain and monitors the project specific information system in order to respond fully to donor reporting requirements.
- To participate in periodic assessments of the project and site visits as assigned.
- To respond to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs and requirements generated from donors, local partners and other stakeholders as assigned.
- To involve in the area of monitoring and evaluation which includes development and utilization of target reporting tools, reviewing for consistency and accuracy of information in annual work plans, budgets, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, as well as coordinating with data management team for inputs on targets reviews
- To perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master degree in management, public health, social sciences and/or related field
- Three to five years of experience with NGOs or INGOs involving project implementation and management, preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program among men who have sex with men, transgender people, sex worker and people who use drug
- Experience in project/program management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Good written and oral communications skills in English and Thai
- Members from key populations communities are encouraged to apply
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sensitivity to gender diversity, people living with HIV and other vulnerable populations, and understanding of the ethical issues on HIV research among key populations especially among young key populations.
- Ability to work and manage high volume of work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in providing program management and/or research support to related development projects.
- Experience in working with country programs funded by US government and/or other institutional and international donors.
- Knowledge of health programs (HIV/AIDS, sexual health, public health, international development, and/or social science research)
- Relevant research skills and computer software skills.
- Ability to develop, maintain and foster relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders particularly key populations communities.
- Ability to travel at short notice
If you want further information related to this position, please contact us via
e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 Only short-list candidates will be notified