POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Officer for Capacity Building
REPORT TO: Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Community Partnership
USAID Community Partnership Project:
The USAID Community Partnership is a 3-year project supported by USAID and implemented by the Prevention, TRCARC. The goal of the project is to establish a sustainable technical assistance (TA) platform for building capacity of community-based organizations to provide quality Key Population-Led Health Services (KPLHS). The key objectives of the project are 1) to build the capacity of community-based organizations (CBOs) to provide high-quality KPLHS; 2) to establish certification systems that allow CBOs to secure public-sector endorsement of KPLHS; and 3) to mobilize and leverage resources to sustain the KPLHS TA platform.
Senior Program Officer on Capacity Building will lead and manage the program activities planned for capacity building of CBOs on key priority services of KPLHS. He/she will work closely with the Program Officers and Web Developer to develop training modules, and to develop innovative training platform/packages for CBOs. In addition, in collaboration with CBO sub-grantees, this position will lead and facilitate the certification process for KPLHS at CBOs.
- Lead and provide technical support in planning the KPCLHS capacity building activities for CBOs.
- Provide support in processing consultancy agreements and contracts for the Project.
- Manage and work with the consultants to develop KPLHS training modules and training packages.
- Lead Program officers to develop and implement the training packages on KPLHS.
- Lead the Program officers to coordinate with CBO partners and stakeholders to design and implement transfer of training process for KPLHS.
- Monitor the progress of capacity building activities and training evaluation.
- Manage and supervise the program officers responsible for training on KPLHS
- Lead the Program officers to prepare reports and success stories for the Project.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related field, with bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field
- 5-8 years of experience in working with NGO on health or development programs with CBOs
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and evaluating training activities and programs
- Experience in facilitating training on HIV clinical prevention to care services is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experiences in providing technical assistance on HIV-related services
- Has ability to manage programs, set realistic priorities, and successfully implement activities.
- Self-starter, detailed oriented and able to work well under time-pressure with less supervision
- Team work and proven track records in working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political, ethical, and gender issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
If you want further information related to this position, please contact us via
e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 Only short-list candidates will be notified