POSITION TITLE: Program Officer, Training and Certification
REPORT TO: Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Community Partnership
USAID Community Partnership Project:
The USAID Community Partnership is a 3-year project supported by USAID and implemented by the Prevention, TRCARC. The goal of the project is to establish a sustainable technical assistance (TA) platform for building capacity of community-based organizations to provide quality Key Population-Led Health Services (KPLHS). The key objectives of the project are 1) to build the capacity of community-based organizations (CBOs) to provide high-quality KPLHS; 2) to establish certification systems that allow CBOs to secure public-sector endorsement of KPLHS; and 3) to mobilize and leverage resources to sustain the KPLHS TA platform.
The Program Officer, Training and Certification will be responsible for activities under the training and certification component of the USAID Community Partnership Project. He/she will support the development of certification system for community health workers, coordinate with the Training and Certification Committee for provision of inputs to support the certification system, manage the assessment process for certification, document the assessment results and issuing the training certificates. He/she also conduct and/or organize training for the Project
- Serve a focal point for coordination with CBO partners and stakeholders who work with USAID Community Partnership Project as assigned to ensure smooth operation of program activities.
- Coordinate with the Training and Certification Committee and key stakeholders to develop certification system for community health workers.
- Arrange meeting and workshop on training and certification.
- Manage the development of assessment tools for certification, coordinate with assessors and CBO partners for the assessment, conduct the assessment in his/her area of expertise, compile assessment results, and prepare assessment report.
- Document the assessment results and prepare documents for issuing certificates.
- Work with program team and Marketing and Communication Officer to summarize the key lesson learned and success stories for developing materials and documents for advocacy.
- Assist with the identification, documentation, and dissemination of project experiences, lessons learned, and success stories
- Develop training modules for key population-led health services (KPLHS) and conduct and/or organize training in his/her area of expertise.
- Others as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, business administration, international studies, public health, research or statistics.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities and plan, and monitor the program effectiveness.
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills, and relationship building.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Relevant computer software skills, including, MS Office.
- Experience in facilitating training and other capacity building methods
- Work well independently and in a team setting
- Detailed oriented and proactive in managing his/her work with less supervision and time constraint.
- Gender sensitivity and good understanding of political and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
If you want further information related to this position, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 Only short-list candidates will be notified