Position Title: Program Officer (1 positions)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre (TRCARC)’s PREVENTION is looking for a qualified person for the Program Officer position. The incumbent specifically provides broad project management, research implementation and coordination as well as programmatic support to local partners on HIV testing services, technical strengthening initiatives, interventions and activities of the Key Population Led Health Services model.
- To assist the Program Coordinator in coordinating with local, national, and international stakeholders including all community-based organizations (CBO), Provincial Health Office, Office of Disease Prevention and Control and Ministry of Public Health, etc. and other relevant organizations in Thailand to ensure smooth operation of program and research activities implemented by TRCARC.
- To coordinate with technical, program, finance and operation staff to ensure project activity tracking systems.
- To participate in periodic assessments of the project and site visits as assigned.
- To respond to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs and requirements generated from donors, local partners and other stakeholders as assigned.
- To support the development of and reviews and monitor annual work plans and budgets for activities at assigned CBO sites.
- To provide programmatic support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects as appropriate.
- To monitor and to maintain protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- To assist the Program Coordinator to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable TRCARC and donor policies and procedures.
- To maintain and monitors the project specific information system in order to respond fully to donor reporting requirements.
- To involve in the area of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) which includes development and utilization of target reporting tools, reviewing for consistency and accuracy of information in annual work plans, budgets, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, as well as coordinating with Data Management Team for inputs on targets reviews
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Master degree in management, public health, social sciences and/or related field
- Two years of experience involving program implementation and management, preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program (preferred)
- Experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in diverse settings (preferred)
- Good written and oral communications skills in English and Thai
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sensitivity to gender diversity, people living with HIV and other vulnerable populations, and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV and AIDS
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow
- Experience in providing program management support to development project (preferred)
- Experience in working with country programs funded by US government or other international donors (preferred)
- Knowledge of health programs (HIV and AIDS, sexual health, public health, international development, and/or social science research)
- Relevant computer software skills
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Ability to travel at short notice
Please send your full CV, expected salary and recent photo by 15 Aug. 2018
Human Resource Officer. If you want further information related to this position, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 Only short-list candidates will be notified